Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Gluten Free Diet

So I spoke to my doctor the last month
And he encouraged me to go on a gluten free diet

Sounds easy right? I didn't know where to start, what I can and can't eat.

GOOGLE!!!

I loved all the information I found.
I was almost already following a gluten free diet.

ACCEPTABLE FOODS
Beans, seeds, nuts in their natural, unprocessed form
Fresh eggs
Fresh meats, fish and poultry (not breaded, batter-coated or marinated)
Fruits and vegetables
Most dairy products

Always avoid
Avoid all food and drinks containing:

Barley (malt, malt flavoring and malt vinegar are usually made from barley)
Rye
Triticale (a cross between wheat and rye)
Wheat
Fries


And here's when my problem comes in.

I am an addict to wheat, fries and fried (breaded) meat.
I've given up enough food that I love (pork, most dairy products[lactose intolerant], red meats and sugar)

I feel like in the end, I wont be able to eat anything but salads

No comments:

Post a Comment